Temporarily closure of clinics

Dear all,

As you all know about the current situation with the Corona Virus Covid-19, government guidelines are changing fast as the situation changes and our knowledge improves about the virus (see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public). It is important to follow guidelines, keep safe distance from others, wash hands for 20 seconds with warm water and soap regularly and often, and when not possible to do that use an alcohol gel, avoid touching the face, sneezing into a tissue or into the elbow, washing clothes regularly, wiping surfaces with disinfectant. I add to that eating well, keeping hydrated, exercising, keeping in touch (via phone or internet) with others if you have decided to self-isolate, be aware of symptoms and contact 111 if  any of the symptoms deteriorate. 

My practice consists of helping many people from the “most at risk” section of the population. Some of my colleagues are asking patients to make a decision about attending their treatments if they feel comfortable with it and reassuring them that they have in place all precautions for avoiding the spread of the virus as much as possible. I initially also considered that, but I have a long way to travel to the clinic and I may well expose myself and others to the same dangers I would be asking them to avoid, and so I have decided it is best is to stop practice until Easter and then re-assess the situation. 

I know it will be difficult for some of you to have your treatments cut short like this, and those hoping to start soon, but this has been a difficult decision for me and not taken lightly. I will be available on the phone to talk to you at any time if you need to talk further with me about this, or indeed for a chat and any other help I might be able to provide. I have also talked to other practitioners about the possibilities of them covering some of my treatments and have decided that wouldn’t be a safe suggestion either. 

So with regret, but knowing this to be the best plan of action for the moment, I am closing the practice until further notice and will re-assess the situation at Easter. I am cancelling all the appointments booked up to the 9 April but I will keep the appointments already in place for after the 14 April in the diary for now, with the understanding that I might need to cancel those later on also. If you feel you would like to have a booking for that time, in case I do re-establish the practice, please get in touch and we can sort it out. 

You won’t hear from me now until Easter, unless there is a change in circumstances. 

Sending you all my best and wishing you all a safe time. To repeat what someone has said to me this morning: “Together we will and can ride this wave safely”

Much love,


Silvio AndradeAcupuncturist London and Wales – UK

Comments are closed.